Summit Rotation Pushed Back

Due to heavy snow overnight here at ABC and winds increasing up high over the next several days, we have decided to push back our summit bid until conditions improve, so we’re still in advanced base camp. We’re hopeful a new summit window emerges around May 12th and are diligently reviewing all of the different weather models. A summit window for us would require a forecast at 8,000m (26,250′) of -25 Celsius temps (-13 Fahrenheit) or higher, winds of 30mph or less and minimal precipitation. We’ll certainly keep you posted.

image

Cho Oyu Sherpa Team

IMG_0343Here is our amazing Sherpa team on Cho Oyu who are making our imminent summit push possible. An incredible and strong group. Left to right: Karchen Dawa Sherpa, Phurita Sherpa, Jim Walkley, Kami Tshering Sherpa, Nima Kanchha Sherpa (our phenomenal Sirdar – Sherpa climbing team leader), Willie Benegas (our exceptional expedition leader), Ang Furba Sherpa, and Pemba Tshering Sherpa.